Donations made by KSA in 2016
Updated Thursday December 15, 2016 by Kitchener Sports Association.
PHOTO: KSA provided a travel grant to the Woolwich U14 Girls' Soccer Team to help with the cost of its trip to the Nationals in Newfoundland. A contingent came out to KSA's Jan. 20 (2016) dinner to thank KSA and give some highlights.(The girls din't win the title, but they enjoyed the experience! (L-R) KSA President Bill Pegg, Ashlyn Riehl & Tyanna Ventura (players), Chris Riehl (Manager) and Colin Ridge (Assistant Coach).
The Kitchener Sports Association (KSA) raises money, mainly through the sale of 50/50 tickets at Kitchener Rangers home games, for the benefit of local minor sports groups, their athletes and charities.
In the year ending June 30, 2016,
KSA disbursed $182,390 to the following recipients:
- 8 scholarships from 2015 (Mikala Baker, Justin Enns, Danielle Hak, Martha Helmers, Ousmane Kromah, Erynne Rowe, Cheyenne Sexton and Jaime Simons) The June 2016 scholarship amounts are paid in Sept. 2016 so are not included in this total.
- Athlete of the Year Program
- Awards of Excellence Program
- Boxing Canada
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- EMPWR Foundation (head injuries)
- Family and Children’s Services
- Food Bank of Waterloo
- Kids Ability (sports equipment)
- Kidsport (KW)
- Kitchener Minor Baseball
- KW Minor Boys Softball
- Kitchener Minor Hockey
- KMHA – Donna’s Kids Program
- Kitchener Minor Soccer
- Kitchener Skating Club
- Kitchener Tournament Baseball
- KW Ball Hockey
- KW Community Foundation (KSA Legacy Fund)
- KW International Children’s Games
- KW Predators Volleyball
- New Hamburg Minor Hockey
- Pride Stables (fee assistance)
- ROW Swim Club
- Sports for Special Athletes
- Stanley Park Optimist Ball
- Twin City Minor Football
- Twin City Spinners Basketball
- Waterloo Ravens Minor Girls Hockey
- Waterloo Regional Boxing Academy
- Waterloo Region Hall of Fame
- Waterloo Region RC School Foundation
- Waterloo Synchronized Swimming
- Wilmot Aquatics Swim Club
- Woolwich Soccer Club
We're glad that, with the support from the Kitchener Rangers organization, OHL fans and the local community, we're able to provide funding assistance to local sports groups -- well in excess of $2,540,000 in the last 22 years alone! On behalf of local athletes, thanks, one and all!
KSA has bundles of 50/50 tickets for sale — one of the winners may be yours! Go Rangers Go!
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.